9.19.2008

Metal Gear Solid Existence

Just 4 little words: Metal - Gear- Solid- Existence...enough to get gamers excited and enough to show the colossal true power behind Kojima's creation.

According to Siliconera, Konami has registered the name "Metal Gear Solid Existence" in the Japanese Trademark database. Siliconera speculates, " going by the title alone it sounds like we’re going to visit the existence - or origins of the Metal Gear Solid franchise." There's not much to go by, but this tidbit is sure to titillate MGS fans. Is this a new game, a re-release, or just something different altogether? Perhaps the nearing Tokyo Game Show will offer some confirmation.

Siliconera also points out that Konami also registered “Existence” alone, without a link back to Metal Gear Solid in the USPTO on August 11. “Guns of the Patriots,” Metal Gear Solid 4’s subtitle, was also registered separately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm willing to bet that this is a re-release. Substance, Subsistence, Existence... the name certainly fits the trend. Still, this is awesome news as I'm sure it's only going to improve on the original MGS4.

By the way, I work with Stacker 2 and we've got this contest going on where entrants have a shot at winning a PS3 or Xbox 360. There are less than 350 entrants as of now, and we were wondering if you'd be interested in helping spread the word about the contest by making a post about it. I'm sure there are some PS3/360-less readers here that would appreciate the heads up. You can take a look at the contest details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

If you're interested, shoot me an e-mail and I'd be happy to send some info and materials your way for a post. If you guys want to enter too, just let me know and I'd be happy to vote for your designs. I hope to hear back from you soon. By the way, I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this. Have a great day.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com