4.17.2008

Kino no Tabi Novel

The first novel, released back in 2006, was a huge hit and fans have been anxiously waiting for the second volume ever since. Unfortunately, our wishes may never be granted.

According to Anime Nation and other forum entries trickling in, TOKYOPOP has stated that due to a “licensing issue,” the English translated "Kino’s Journey" (Kino no Tabi) novels may be considered out of print effective immediately. Furthermore, the continuing English language release of the Scrapped Princess novels has been delayed indefinitely.

Though I am glad that I was able to pick up the first volume, many are sure to feel frustrated with the turn of events. I am sure my pre-order for the second novel (placed many many months ago) will be cancelled soon, unless by some twist of fate, TOKYOPOP's licensing issues will be resolved. Wishful thinking, I know.

No comments: