12.01.2007

NYAF Surprise

The New York Anime Festival is just around the corner and with it comes a celebration of classic and cutting-edge anime, manga, and Japanese culture, taking place December 7-9 in the heart of New York City via the Jacob Javits Conference Center. NYAF has developed an impressive list of premieres, screenings, exhibitors, musical guests including Unicorn Table, and guests of honor featuring Kobun Shizuno (co-Director of "Evangelion: You are [not] alone 1.0")!!

I've been working hard to figure out how to fit NYAF into my schedule, hoping to set-up my travels for work to coincide with this awesome event. Only just last week did I admit defeat with a workload that seems unrelenting and continuously growing. Nevertheless, Friday afternoon brought me a great surprise. For those who don't know, I'm turning 25 on December 8th and as fate would play it, my sister, looking for a birthday present, just happened to come across this event. Little did she know that I had been eyeing this very same event for months now. So there you have it -- a great gift indeed and quite a surprise for that matter. See you all at NYAF 2007!

For more detailed information on this huge festival, check out www.nyanimefestival.com.

No comments: