11.04.2008

2D Complex Movement

All otaku alike know very well or are at least aware of what we refer to as "2D complex." While always stuck in the virtual world, one fellow wants to take it a step further. The world over has come to recognize Japanese otaku Taichi Takashita because of his genuine desire to marry Mikuru Asahina of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya." He has filed a Human Rights petition that reads:
We don't have interest in the 3D world. If possible, I want to become the husband of a 2D character. Does not look like this matter can be solved with today's science and technology, so at least make it legal to marry a 2D character. If this law is passed, then I want to marry Asahina Mikuru.
Hmm, fulfilling the otaku dream? Makes me wonder, if I had to choose one, who I would choose. Gendo...Kaname...this may take some more thought actually. Nevertheless, while it would be interesting if this law was passed, the implications that come to mind are overwhelming. Would the law allow several people to marry the same character? What about copyright infringement? And tax returns? While this petition is serious and sure, it affects millions of otaku and hikkikomori, I can't fathom it. It's an interesting thought though. [Source: Too many to list, so I'll pick one - DannyChoo]

No comments: