5.01.2008

Figure Hunting in Paris

Time spent in Paris was anything but uneventful. And embedded in the full spectrum of things, were several side missions and quests waiting to be completed. Whether it was representing all girl gamers, walking the streets of France in stealth mode a la Assassin's Creed's Altair, or of course figure hunting.

Among all the jewels out there, I was fortunate enough, though I can't say the same about my wallet, to catch a glimpse on a few rarities of the industry -- past the hentai and in the back and scattered among several anime shops.

The first piece that caught my immediate attention would have to be the colossal Evangelion Unit-01 statue sitting abreast on the impaled Lilith. This figure is quite impressive and would have any Eva fan drooling. Unfortunately for us, it wasn't for sale.





But hidden behind Eva Unit-01, standing ever so discreet, stood the statue that would be my piece de resistance -- a pre-painted, extremely detailed and accurate, rare and stunning Kotobukiya "Vampire Hunter D" figure. This was the piece I absolutely had to take home!!! A photo does no justice whatsover, but I can't very well invite you all to my room (^_^). This statue truly captures the solemn essence that is D.








And how about some gorgeous "Princess Mononoke" figures and a small dash of "Blood: The Last Vampire's" very own Saya to end this entry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would do anything to get the shishigami (princess mononoke figure). I have the rest. Beautiful blog

Unknown said...

I would do anything to get the shishigami (princess mononoke figure). I have the rest. Beautiful blog