5.08.2008

EVA Special Edition Filmstrips

The special edition of the DVD release of "Evangelion 1.0 You are (not) Alone," is packed with nice goodies, to say the least. I was definitely pleased with the packaging (see my review). Aside from the movie itself, one special trinket is stirring EVA fans. Included in the special edition is a filmstrip consisting of 5 frames cut from the original projection reels.

Over the past few days, these one-of-a-kind filmstrips have made it on Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and the most highly desirable characters and scenes have been serving up quite a few deals [Source: Japanator]. Just check out some of these prices:

Tipsy Misato ~$40
Misato in the tub ~$600
Side profile of Rei ~$200
Rei in the moonlight ~$500
Nude Kaworu ~ $350
Rare Smiling Rei ~ $2,000!!

I myself have a fairly nice filmstrip with several characters sharing the same frame including Ritsuko Akagi and Misato Katsuragi surrounded by Maya Ibuki, Makoto Hyuga, and Shigeru Aoba, et al. on computers. Though it's no Rei, or my favorite Unit going berserk, it makes as a nice addition to my overflowing EVA collection.

No comments: