6.05.2006

Play! Press/Media Coverage

The Chicago concert, Play! A Video Game Symphony has been heralded as a success (www.play-symphony.com/news.php?full=35). This was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience filled with extra goodies. The music selection was awesome and it didn't hurt that almost all the composers of the pieces were there -- including some spectacular guest performances. It was absolutely great to be part of it and I wouldn't have changed a thing...well, maybe 4 things: 1) I wish they played FF7 Advent Children's Beyond the Wasteland -- every time I hear it, it gives me goosebumps (that and One-Winged Angel) and it would've been great to see it performed live. If it was about time constraints and I had get rid of one song, though tough to choose, I'd omit Chocobo Swing; 2) It would have been perfect if Angela Aki had sung her Japanese Version of Kiss Me Goodbye (nice rendition of Rikku's song, though); 3) I would have liked more songs to be played from Silent Hill, though his guitar solo was absolutely riveting; and 4) the program was cool but I guess I had really high expectations for it. I could talk on and on about the concert, but I'll stop (for now).

Check out the coverage so far, enjoy!

GTtv: www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2796

GameSpot: www.gamespot.com/news/6151989.html
N-sider: www.n-sider.com/articleview.php?articleid=518
1up.com: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cid=3151125

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»