6.14.2006

Destiny

We've all heard the motto, "Life is full of surprises." At times, I do believe that, but when it comes down to it and after some analysis, I think all these "surprises" are just inevitable. We are just taken aback by unexpected events simply because we are human. We try to be rational, but at times we are blinded, especially if it concerns ourselves. After all, though life may have its randomness, it is what we make of it that determines how we feel and what we do and what happens.

When things occur, whatever they may be, we, or at least I, want to believe that I'll know what to do when the time comes. That I'll seize the opportunity once it arises, that I'll grab it before it is lost forever. Within all this, in itself lies Destiny. It's liberating to believe in Destiny -- that there is a set path for everyone. But truth be told, if we don't act, what we finally realize we want, will be far beyond reach. Only those who have the courage to act, can be happy and those who don't, continue to dwell on the past and wonder what could have been.

No comments: