3.08.2007

Evangelion@School

An Evangelion SD series geared for the younger/teen generation, has been revealed. This new GAINAX Evangelion project, known as "Puchi Eva Evangelion@School," will follow after the release of a line of figurines.

Okay, I'm not trying to project an elitist view or anything, but I wish Eva spin-offs would just stop. I tolerated "Evangelion: Angelic Days," but this "Evangelion@School
" is asking way too much. The plots of both are fine, but would've been even better if there were totally new characters, rather than borrowed.

Create new characters and don't piggyback on the exuberating spirit and essence that is Eva. Even if it is GAINAX, or especially since it is, the creation of new character design and plot should not be impossible. In fact, we can be sure that what is produced will be amazing. So please, stop it already. Yes, I know I could simply not watch or read it, but the mere existence makes me cringe at the thought that these personalities - Rei, Shinji, Asuka, et al. - are being compromised, for lack of a better word.

No comments: