3.29.2007

Elder Scrolls on PS3

Right from the moment the first note played after popping "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" in my PS3, I felt a tingling crawling through my body. That ominous and nostalgic feeling put me right back in my seat at the "Play! A Video Game Symphony" as the orchestra hall was filled with one of my favorite theme songs, "Reign of the Septims."

After playing for a couple of hours, I could already tell that "Elder Scrolls" most definitely had a home on the PS3. While not overwhelmingly superior to the PC or Xbox 360 versions, the PS3 game no doubt has quite a few perks ofi its own.

The visual and audio quality is stunning. The loading time feels as though it has been cut by more than half. In addition to all the epic quests from the original version, an extra chapter has been added. "Elder Scrolls" is truly one of the best RPG games ever made. No plug-in downloads have been announced yet, but its potential is limitless.

The gates of Oblivion has been opened once again. It's time to unravel the malevolent plot behind it all.

No comments: