8.08.2008

World Destruction

In a world where humans serve as livestock for the ruling beastman, and where sand fills the roles of water and fire. Kyrie is recruited by the "World Destruction Committee" to assist in putting an end to their world. Kyrie alone holds the power needed to do it.

Now I'll have to say I wasn't quite sure what to expect, so I basically was going into this raw. RPG-turned-anime titles sometimes turn out great and equally as such can turn out to be a big flop. Coming in only equipped with a vague story description and a grand-standing production company - Production I.G. - behind it, I was ready to meet "World Destruction." The most interesting aspect of the story is its focus. Rather than your run of the mill "save the world" mantra, the main goal is the destruction of the world.

When I saw the term "otherkin," I wasn't expecting to see cutesy bears and cats that appeared in episode 1. The first episode immediately gives you an idea of what to expect and if you like what you see, you'll probably want to continue. Anything but serious undertones, mixed quality of voice acting (always a big fan of Maaya Sakamoto), a slew of different characters, and an animation style to be expected by Production I.G., "World Destruction" has a fighting chance and the intrigue of rooting for destruction is still present. We'll see how things unfold.

No comments: