2.10.2012

Camilla d'Errico "No Ordinary Love" Bust


Just revealed is Camilla d'Errico and Dark Horse's No Ordinary Love bust, based of Camilla's own titular painting featured in the "Femina and Fauna" artbook.

The gorgeous bust stands at 8 inches tall by 5 inches wide.  She will be released in June this year, limited to just 950 pieces worldwide.  The sculptwork was done in association with Gentle Giant, and supervised along with the paintwork by Camilla.  Each bust will be packaged in a full-color collectors box, along with a certificate of authenticity.  Its public debut is set for Toy Fair 2012, taking place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.

“'No Ordinary Love' is a piece that is very dear to me,” Camilla d’Errico reflected, “ its the visual interpretation and expression of my feelings for my ‘one and only’, so you can imagine how exciting this is that this particular piece was chosen!"

“Translating Camilla’s work into three-dimensions was a challenge,” Dark Horse’s David Scroggy observed, “but with a lot of help from Camilla and the skilled artisans at Gentle Giant Studios, we were able to arrive at a piece that is unmistakably d’Errico, with all the subtle nuance and details of sculpture and paint application that her audience would expect.”

The details, oh the details.  The No Ordinary Love bust in absolutely true to form - in color, in shape, in feeling, in everything.  It is without a doubt one of the most stunning painting to sculpture transformations I have ever seen.  BEAUTIFUL!  This is the greatest Friday treat I could ask for and I yearn for the moment I can set my eyes on her and add her to my collection.

[Source: Tomopop]

No comments: