7.23.2007

Harry Potter - Book 7

The long awaited date of July 21, 2007 has finally come and gone bringing forth the seventh and final installment of the Harry Potter series dubbed as "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." I picked up my reserved copy of the book that Saturday morning and was surprised and satisfied with the way things were organized. "Borders" had a very efficient system making the line of happy and anxious faces move with ease and constant speed. Hopefully this was true for most other places.

While I couldn't get much reading done that day, I was able to finish the book last night. I will not provide any spoilers, so as far as my full review goes, that may have to wait. I realize that the risk of accidentally finding out what happened before finishing the book is way too high for comfort...I would hate it if that happened to me. Nevertheless, the threat is there, so I'm sure most people will be finishing, if not already, ASAP. And believe me, it won't be a hard feat to accomplish. The hardest thing I found was putting down the book before actually finishing.


The major answers we seek to find are in this final book -- will the downfall of Voldemort ever arrive, will Harry Potter die, is Dumbledore really dead, is Snake a friend or foe, and what does fate have in store for everyone? I am itching to discuss the book, but I'm sure I won't have to wait too long. I will say this though: the book kept me off the edge of my seat from page 1 until the very end -- I loved the book and wouldn't have changed a thing. Although, I probably would've done without the epilogue. I feel that it brought down the whole mood of the book, though not in an advantageous way. Nevertheless, readers will be succumbed by various emotions, so be prepared for a rollercoaster ride of your life.

No comments: