6.12.2007

GiTS: Solid State Society

Monday night marked the grand opening of Ani-Monday, Sci-Fi channel's brand new and only anime programming block. Starting off with a bang, Ani-Monday brought us the U.S. premiere of "Ghost in the Shell: SAC: Solid State Society."

With the miniscule prospects of a subbed showing of SSS, I was, as expected, let down in the end. I decided to go ahead and wait a couple more weeks until my copy of SSS arrives so I can watch it properly in its original format. Therefore, my review will have to be put on hold until that day comes. But in the meantime, I will leave you with a brief synopsis of the movie courtesy of Production I.G.

A.D. 2034. It has been two years since Motoko Kusanagi left Section 9. Togusa is now the new leader of the team, that has considerably increased its appointed personnel. The expanded new Section 9 confronts a rash of complicated incidents, and investigations reveal that an ultra-wizard hacker named the Puppeteer is behind the entire series of events.

No comments: