4.06.2007

Voice I-doll Ayanami Rei Figure

The Voice I-doll Superior Figure series have featured characters from "Gundam Seed" and have now expanded to include Rei Ayanami and Asuka Sohryu Langley from "Evangelion." This elusive Rei figure exhudes vibrance striking a pose that is everlasting. The 9-inch figure comes with an electronic stand that features 10 signature lines spoken by the original voice actress, Megumi Hayashibara. 8 from the series and 2 exclusive lines recreate some of the best scenes of the series.

I've had this figure for quite some time, but am only now posting it here. I was unexpectedly unable to find the english translation for the 10 lines spoken. So I decided to translate it myself. Since my Japanese is self-taught and by far not exhaustive , it took me a while, and being the perfectionist I am, I wanted to make sure I had it just right. That lead me, with extreme enthusiasm, to watch the entire series again. So without further ado, here is the kanji and english translation for the 10 lines featured on the Rei Ayanami Voice I-doll Superior Figure (Note: you will need a japanese language tool to view the japanese characters, but hey since we're all fans here, I'm assuming we all already have them installed ^_^).
1.
「あなたは死なないわ。私が守るもの。」

"You won't die...I will protect you."
2.
「こういうときどんな顔をすればいいのか、分からないの」

"I don't know what to do at a time like this."
3.
「わたしニンニクラーメンチャーシュー抜き」
“I’ll have a garlic ramen with no roast pork.”
4.
「ATフィールド、全開!」
“AT Field, Full Power!”
5.
「私が死んでも変わりはいるもの。」
CURRENTLY WORKING ON TRANSLATION
6.
「私は人形じゃない」
”I am not a doll.”
7.
「心を開かなければエヴァは動かないわ。」
"If you do not open your heart to her, the Eva won’t move.”
8.
「いえ、知らないの。たぶん私は3人目だと思うから」
"No, I mean, I don't know that. I think, probably, I am the third."

9.
 とてもとても気持のいいことなの…。
“Isn’t it a very, very comfortable feeling?”

10.
わたしにはあなたとの絆しかないから…。
CURRENTLY WORKING ON TRANSLATION

No comments: