4.19.2007

EVA No. 10

"If thou shalt afflict my daughter, or if thou shalt take other wives."
Released in the US on April 10, 2007, the long awaited tenth volume of "Evangelion" finally arrives. It's been over two years since the ninth volume came out, but it sure feels like an eternity, or at least way longer than two years. Just as a refresher, volume ten continues the battle of the penultimate Angel, Armisael. Rei's sacrifice opens up a huge can of worms as the secrets behind NERV begin to unravel, emphasizing the culminative realization of the true tragedy behind NERV's employees.

This is one of my favorite parts of the series. I could hear "Thanatos" playing in my head as I anxiously turned the pages. The illustrations of Rei are, as usual, phenomenal. I especially love the inner flap and the chapter illustrations of the First Child.
One wonders how long the wait will be this time for volume eleven.

No comments: