10.30.2006

PS3 Blues

Ever since word of the next generation console, the Sony Playstation 3, was in the works, I have been fanatic. I just have to have this beautiful piece of 60GB technology in my room. I didn't have much worries in getting my hands on one of those babies, but with only 18 more days till its tentative release, I still do not have a solid guarantee that I'll have the PS3.

I'm starting to get really worried. I tried the in-store presale, but with only about 6 reservations available per store in the U.S., I had no such luck. Those suckers went quickly. My only hope is to preorder online, but circumstances have not made that luxury available just yet. I am eyeing a bunch of stores and my itchy finger is ready to click "buy" (or "preorder" if you're a stickler for details). If it comes to having to stand in line before the sun shows up, I'm afraid I won't be holding that PS3 in my hands.

Am I willing to spend $1000 to make sure I get my PS3? I think $599 is a perfect price for the 60GB PS3, but if it comes down to spending more than that, without including games, can I afford to do so at the expense of other things the money should be going to? Only time will till, I guess. Patience is a virtue I have yet to attain. Ah....the PS3 blues are really bogging me down.

No comments: